The 2015 UCI Road World Championships (Worlds) is the first Road World Championships ever to receive the official UCI reCycling eco-label which recognizes environmentally responsible cycling events.
UCI reCycling eco-label AT A GLANCE
- reCycling program created in 2010
- Helps members organize more environmentally friendly cycling events
- reCycling criteria covers: transportation, energy and water conservation, recycling and waste management, accommodations, catering and supplies
- Event organizers submit a comprehensive Environmental Management Plan to document intended actions
What is our focus at the 2015 worlds?
- Rethink waste (reduce consumption, recycle, compost, water fill stations, etc.)
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions in transportation (bike valets, shuttles, buses, etc.)
- Be healthy (healthy, local food, bike safety and education, etc.)
- Leave a positive legacy (bike friendly city, clean-ups, urban greening, sustainable events, etc.)
What will you see at the 2015 worlds?
- Friendly “Green Team” volunteers
- Comprehensive, visible and color coded waste diversion system
- Mobile water filling stations
- Bike valets
- More to come!